CDM Smith Makes Charitable Donation to Engineers Without Borders and Alzheimer's Association through Company Wellness Program
BOSTON, Massachusetts – Steve Hickox, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CDM Smith and Tim Wall, President and Chief Operating Officer presented checks for $25,000 each to Engineers Without Borders (EWB) and Alzheimer’s Association. Representatives from both organizations attended the check presentation ceremony at the firm’s Boston headquarters on May 8, 2017.
These donations were made possible by CDM Smith employees, spouses and partners who participate in the firm’s wellness program. The program − which focuses on both wellness and preventive care − tracks and rewards employees for healthy behaviors and accomplishments. Employees completed health risk assessments, received preventive care, participated in athletic events and exercise classes, managed their stress, practiced financial wellness and changed or tracked other behaviors that contribute to their overall wellbeing. Through these efforts, participants accumulated millions of points required to make these donations possible. The firm sets a quarterly points goal for participants to strive for, resulting in charitable donations such as these, which recognizes charities that reflect our emphasis on social responsibility and health related causes.
EWB-USA is a nonprofit humanitarian organization established to build a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. EWB-USA members work with local communities and NGOs in more than 42 developing countries around the world on projects such as water, renewable energy, sanitation and more.
Alzheimer’s Association – founded in 1980 – is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- 2017 Q1 - EWB and Alzheimer’s Association
- 2017 Q2 - American Cancer Society, Make-A-Wish and SFH
- 2017 Q3 - Meals on Wheels and WWP
- 2017 Q3 - Centro ESPIBI in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- 2017 Q4 - Jack McGovern Coats' Disease Foundation
- 2017 Q4 - One America Appeal
- 2018 Q1 - Tunnel to Towers and Janie's Fund
- 2018 Q2 - Bottom Line and Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
- 2018 Q3 - Rosie's Place and AdoptAClassroom.org
- 2018 Q4 - Darkness to Light, Sacramento Splash and Powerhouse Science Center
- 2019 Q2 - United Way and 4 Paws for Ability
- 2019 Q4 - Family Promise, BlazeAid and BCA