CDM Smith Online Privacy Statement
Your entry of personal information on our websites constitutes your acknowledgement of receipt of this Privacy Statement.
What is Covered by this Privacy Statement
Any CDM Smith website which links to this Privacy Statement is covered by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not cover and we are not responsible for third-party websites or applications that may be linked from our websites as described in the Links to Other Websites and Third Parties section of this Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide us voluntarily or explicitly consent to its collection, including when you complete the “Contact Us” form on the website, send us an e-mail address in a request for information, or when you otherwise share your information with us.
Purposes of Processing:
CDM Smith processes personal information in the following ways:
- When we receive explicit consent to do so, we will process information voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials or provide information about our services. If you have requested to sign up for our newsletter, we may also use your personal information to provide information about services we think may be of interest to you. Users who wish to stop receiving these materials may unsubscribe by clicking on the link in those materials.
- When we receive your explicit consent to collect information via cookies, we also may use viewing data to analyze how visitors use the website in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website.
Sharing Your Information
We may transfer your information to the extent consistent with applicable law and in the following circumstances:
- With our Company affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide;
- With business partners and third-party business providers who use your personal information to provide services to us, such as companies that provide us career recruitment, technical support, data hosting, and services;
- As required by law or court order;
- In connection to a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or liquidation of CDM Smith;
- To auditors, contractors or other advisors auditing any of our business processes;
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information; and
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Third-parties may also act on our behalf to collect and use data that assists in the hosting, maintenance, and improvement of this website.
CDM Smith requires third party service providers who process information on CDM Smith’s behalf to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information (e.g., restriction of their access, use and disclosure of personal information, solely to meet their contractual obligations in the performance of the specific functions described above). A copy of these safeguards may be made available by writing to us at the address provided in the Contact Us section below.
This website is hosted and maintained within the United States.
Information collected through this website will be retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites and Third Parties
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive as a “tag” that identifies your computer. Cookies can allow us to properly format the web page on subsequent visits for your specific computer and browser, letting us personalize your experience and tailor our interactions with you. Cookies also help us to gather anonymous statistics about usage and effectiveness of our website. We occasionally embed video content from websites such as YouTube or Storify, which may embed their own cookies from these websites. An example is the embedded “share” buttons to enable users of our website to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These third-party websites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. CDM Smith does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable cookies if you wish. However, disabling them could diminish the functionality of the website and negatively impact your experience with our website.
CDM Smith takes reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the security of Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. This includes policies that limit access, technical controls including firewalls, and other security measures. We also require our partners and service providers protect such information that we provide to them.
This website is intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in our solutions and services, and as such we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If at any time we are informed that a visitor under the age of 16 has submitted information to us through this website, we will endeavor to immediately delete the information.
Your California Privacy Rights
While CDM Smith does not provide your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing, under California law, California residents have the right to opt-out of such use of your personal information if it occurred.
Your rights in connection with your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, and as required by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information when there is no need for us continuing to process it or you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information to suspend the processing, for example if you want us to verify its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to the contacts named in the Contact Information section of this Privacy Statement. Valid requests will be honored within 30 calendar days of request. This 30-day period may be extended for another 2 months for complex requests with notification of the reasons for the extension to you.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. In addition, there may be requests that we are unable to process because of other EU legal requirements. If a request is denied, we will notify you of the reason.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Due to changes in technology or legal requirements, we may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of changes by posting those changes on this page, or by other appropriate means.
If you have any questions, inquiries, individual rights requests or complaints, please contact us at:
75 State Street, Suite 701
Boston, MA 02109 USA
Attn: Privacy Office
For individuals in the following countries, inquiries or complaints may also be addressed to the following:
CDM Smith Consult GmbH
Am Umweltpark 3-5
44793 Bochum, Germany
Attn: Data Privacy Office
Data Protection Officer in Germany:
Scheja und Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB
CDM Smith Ireland Ltd.
15 Wentworth, Eblana Villas
Dublin 2, D02 A6 11
Attn: Data Privacy Office
CDM Smith Sp. z o.o.
Al. Jerozolimskie 123a
02-017 Warsaw, Poland
Attn: Data Privacy Office
If you are located in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EU Supervisory Authority. However, if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information we request that you first contact us and we will reply on timely basis.
As it pertains to users of our websites located in the EU, the controller of your personal information is CDM Smith, Inc., 75 State Street Boston, MA 02109 USA.