North America, Program Management, Water, Emergency Response, Geotechnical, Government, 3D/4D Design
CDM Smith Participates at Floodplain Management Conference in Australia
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT EXPERTS SHARE INSIGHTS
May 28, 2013
NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia—CDM Smith is participating in the Floodplain Management Association (FMA) national conference at Tweed Heads, New South Wales, Australia, from 28 to 31 May 2013. As a reflection of the major flooding that has occurred across Australia in the past few years, the focus of the 2013 FMA conference is learning from these events, exploring opportunities and innovative actions, and developing a national solution going forward.
Throughout the conference, CDM Smith emergency management and water specialists will be participating in a poster presentation session, trade walk and an Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) panel discussion on flood risk management from the USA. If you are attending FMA, be sure to catch up with our CDM Smith team:
Wednesday, May 29
- 10:34 a.m. | Poster presentation: “Charleville Flood Management: A Case Study in Infrastructure and Management Solutions” | Rodney Chapin
- 12:48 p.m. | Trade walk and presentation (booth 5) | David Murray
Thursday, May 30
- 9:20 a.m. | ASFPM panel discussion: "Flood Risk Management from the USA| Firas Makarem
- 10:06 a.m. | ASFPM-U.S delegation trade walk (booth 12) |Firas Makarem
- 12:45 p.m. | ASFPM-U.S. delegation poster presentation
Follow CDM Smith at FMA on our LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitterpages.
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.