New Alternative Delivery Webinar: Safety by Design
June 15, 2015
In the next installment of our webinar series on Alternative Delivery: Building Better Designs…
Safety by Design
Monday, June 22, 2015
1 p.m. EDT
Safety is integral to every project. Its value cannot be overstated. A robust safety program can help you avoid costs, scheduling setbacks and production shutdowns. In the most extreme cases, it may save the life of one or more of your people. Therefore, it is critical to incorporate safe behaviors and practices at all stages of your projects, from design through construction and operation. In this webinar, our experts will discuss:
- How to create a culture of safety at both work and home
- Approaches to integrating safety into your design
- The value of safety and the many benefits of safe projects
- Why alternative delivery methods will maximize safety
- Best practices and lessons learned from the private sector
Our panelists and safety champions:
- Bob Vince, PG (moderator)—CDM SMith Industrial Group Metals and Mining sales leader. Bob works in the Helena, Montana office and has 30 years experience, including direct industry and consulting services. Prior to joining CDM Smith, his duties included Health, Environment and Safety manager for active mining operations. His recent experience includes industrial design and construction, facility commissioning and start-up, and design and remediation for industrial clients.
- Humayun Qureshi—CDM Smith senior vice president and senior automation engineer. Humayun is located in the Maitland, Fla. office. He manages technical delivery of CDM Smith's projects—including automation, architectural, structural, electrical and O&M—in the southeast United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Nick Phelps—Louis Perry Group director of construction services. Nick is a 30-year construction veteran of the power and industrial sectors. His project background ranges from new facilities to balance of plant to process additions. Nick manages overall execution of onsite projects for LPG, including scheduling and coordination of LPG and subcontractor personnel.
- Greg Parana, CSP—CDM Smith principal regional health and safety manager. Greg is based in our Houston, Texas office and serves as H&S manager in our construction division. He has managed H&S programs for large construction and remediation projects for industrial, public and federal clients. His specialties include developing, implementing and overseeing injury reduction programs; controlling and eliminating hazards; and performing industrial hygiene assessments
Register for the webinar today!
Participants in this webinar will receive 1 PDH through the IACET-accredited CDM Smith University.