Webinar: Optimizing Your Delivery Method
Let Your Project Goals Be Your Guide
March 27, 2015
In the next installment of our webinar series on Alternative Delivery: Building Better Designs…
Optimizing Your Delivery Method:
Let Your Project be Your Guide
Thursday, April 9, 2015
1 p.m. EDT
Do you have a project that’s mission-critical, faces a challenging schedule, needs to meet a tight budget, for which failure is not an option? CDM Smith experts explain how alternative delivery methods, like construction manager-at-risk (CMAR) and progressive design-build, can offer significant advantages to project owners dealing with these challenges. When a delivery method is selected based on a project’s key goals and drivers, the value of the project is greatly enhanced. But to successfully optimize the choice for alternative delivery, a project owner should understand all the options and know how to get the entire organization on board. This webinar will detail the pros and cons of various delivery approaches and answer common questions that project owners have when considering alternative delivery.
Our experts will address the following questions:
- What are my options for alternative delivery, and what are the relative strengths of each approach?
- What delivery methods fit best with common key project drivers?
- How do I persuade my internal stakeholders that alternative delivery is the best choice for my project?
- How do I develop contracts that effectively manage risk and can win the approval of my city attorney?
- How can I be sure that my organization retains the level of control and input that’s right for us?
This webinar features:
- Chitra Foster, PE, DBIA. With 18 years of U.S. and international experience in a diverse range of water and wastewater projects, Ms. Foster is one of CDM Smith’s leading alternative delivery practitioners.
- Peter T. Bailey. During the course of his three-decade career, Mr. Bailey has been responsible for the implementation of more than $400 million in construction project activity.
- Doug Varner, PE. Mr. Varner is a civil engineer with experience working on diverse projects, including delivering projects through design-bid-build, CMAR and the design-build delivery methods.
Check out our panelists’ full bios and register for the webinar today!
Participants in this webinar will receive 1 PDH through the IACET-accredited CDM Smith University.